True tales of macabre from the PA wilds: Shapeshifters.

All my life there has been a fascination with the paranormal. I've had my fair share of the unexplainable happen, enough to shatter skepticism. A prevalent instance or should I say instances involves something that I had never really looked much into but has happened to me so many times, all over the state of PA, that it would be difficult to quantify.


Shapeshifters: -- In mythology, folklore and speculative fiction, shapeshifting (or metamorphosis) is the ability of a being or creature to transform its physical form or shape. This is usually achieved through an inherent ability of a mythological creature, divine intervention, or the use of magic.




For years I have been having encounters with shapeshifters while out in the wilds of Pennsylvania (Plenty of you are calling BS right now I know, I would too had I never experienced it). Encounters as recent as three days ago even. Unexplainable instances that for the life of me I cannot understand how they happen but they do almost every time I am exposed to them and shapeshifting happens to be the closest thing that I have come across that these happenings can be attributed to. 

I'll paint the picture for you of what happened just three days ago to me. Here it goes... If you play the current correctly and get a slow drift retrieval going, barely turning the handle of your rod or simply drawing the rod slowly across your body while maintaining a constant tension in your line, you can feel them riding your lure. The subtle deviation from the typical retrieval, giving you that small spark of adrenaline and with a jolt you engage the shapeshifter.

That's right... I have come to the firm conclusion that PA Smallmouth are damn shapeshifters. You can hook into one swearing by the set and the subsequent fight as you bring the fish in that this one is the largest you've ever had on your line. Then the damn thing surfaces and it's a seven inch smallie. 

Shapeshifters.... I know. You're a skeptic. Should try it for yourself and then you will believe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirit of My Grandfather

Why I Hunt

The Hunters Son: Disappointment and Failure